5 Mountain Passes Day Tour
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or select the “Enquire Now” button to obtain rates: Enquire Now
Five Mountain Passes Cape Town Day Tour
Full Day Tour
Travel over the five majestic mountain passes of the South Western point of the African continent in a scenic tour of unforgettable splendor. This tour provides unsurpassed photo opportunities in a day of dramatic contrasting landscapes.
- Sir Lowry’s Pass, originally known as the Gantouw Pass meaning “Pass of the Elands”, so named by the indigenous Khoi-khoi people, provides beautiful views of the Hottentots Holland Mountains, Somerset West, False Bay, Strand and the Cape flats and Table Mountain in the far distance.
- Descending Viljoen’s Pass brings you to the heart of “Apple” country and provides wonderful views over the many fruit orchards. These orchards produce the choice Cape Fruit that are enjoyed all over the world
- Franschhoek Pass, originally known as the Elephant’s Path in memory of the elephants migrating along this route, welcomes you to the Valley of the Hugenots and the heart of the winelands with its beautiful vineyards and old Cape Dutch homesteads
- Traveling over Du Toit’s Kloof Pass we arrive in the Breede River Valley with its seemingly endless vineyards and fruit orchards. This is one of the most dramatic passes in South Africa with cliffs rising up to 2000 meters
- Bainskloof Pass, built by legendary Pass builder Andrew Geddes Bain, is a rugged and dramatic scenic pass with views over the Wellington Region’s winelands and towards the North, the vast open wheat fields of the Swartland Region, the “bread basket” of the Cape
Some of the additional options to personalize your tour and enhance your Cape Point and Peninsula tour experience:
- Wine Tasting in the Cape Winelands
- Gourmet Picnic Lunch
Why tour with us?
- Complete flexibility with itineraries, routes, timeframes, start and end destinations to suit your pace and unique requirements on our private tours
- Superb Tour Guides ensuring unforgettable travel experiences, insights and interesting conversations
- Comfortable Air-conditioned Tour Vehicles
- 24x7x365 Travel Support to guests booked on our tours and safaris
- Excellent service and Value
« Cape Town malaria-free Wildlife encounter
Hermanus & the Whales Overnight Tour