Constantia Winelands Day Tour
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or select the “Enquire Now” button to obtain rates: Enquire Now
Constantia Winelands (Cape Town) Day Tour
Full Day Tour
Soak up the Contantia Winelands atmosphere : The beautiful historical Constantia Valley, birthplace of the wine farming industry in South Africa, was the choice of the first Governor of the Cape, Simon van der Stel, for his farm, Constantia. Taste the award-winning wines that originally made the Cape Wines famous in Europe ; enjoy the ambience and discover delectable flavors at the award-winning restaurants which showcase the stunning surrounds.
- On route to Constantia : Fascinating stories about historical events and places that shaped current-day Cape Town
- Wine Tasting at any or all of the 5 Wine Estates – the wine estates are all situated against the lower slopes of the Constantiaberg mountain range in a glorious setting overlooking a panorama of vines and mountain slopes.
- Groot Constantia was the first Wine Estate in South Africa. It has a magnificent and historical Manor House with elegant gables that houses a cultural history museum which portrays the early years of Groot Constantia.
- Klein Constantia is set amongst trees on the upper foothills of the Constantiaberg and with its historic Cape Dutch Homestead and stunning views across the valley and False Bay, it is one of the most beautiful vineyards
- Buitenverwachting boasts a wide variety of wine. Access through an avenue bordered by mighty oak trees makes a beautiful entrance.
- Constantia Uitsig offers exquisite wines. A walk through the expansive estate is rewarding, especially because of a breathtaking view of the Constantia valley.
- Steenberg Estate – the oldest farm in the Cape Peninsula, where wines were first produced in 1695. The manor house and the other buildings have been declared a national monument. The main gable is the only surviving example of it’s type in the Cape Peninsula.
- The selection of award-winning world-class restaurants available for lunch offer sumptuous meals, from light meals to traditional Cape Malay to classical and contemporary cuisine to Southern French inspired cooking to Mediterranean Fusion
Some of the additional options to personalize your tour and enhance your Constantia Winelands tour experience :
- Exquisite Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, oldest indigenous botanical garden in the world, lying in the long shadows of the eastern slopes of Table Mountain
- Boat trip to Duiker Island (home to the colony of Cape Fur Seals) from Mariner’s Wharf in Hout Bay
- Picturesque Hout Bay
- Camps Bay’s café culture
« Hermanus & the Whales Overnight Tour
Cape Town City & Table Mountain Day Tour