Email us on email@example.com or select the “Enquire Now” button to obtain rates: Enquire Now
Pilanesberg Big 5 Safari Day Tour
Full Day Tour
A day Safari excursion to malaria-free Pilanesberg, home to the Big Five. Enjoy a unique diversity of animals, made possible because the game reserve is the transition zone between the dry Kalahari and the wetter Lowveld vegetation (Bushveld).
- Approximately 2 hours from Johannesberg lies Pilanesberg, set in a crater of a long extinct volcano. Pilanesberg has survived ages of erosion and stands high above the surrounding bushveld plains. The early presence of man can be seen in the numerous Stone and Iron Age sites that are scattered throughout the park.
- Surrounding Mankwe Dam are rocky outcrops, open grasslands, wooded valleys and thickets providing a unique overlap of animal and bird habitats. The park exists within the transition zone between the dry Kalahari and wetter Lowveld vegetation, commonly referred to as “Bushveld”. Unlike any other large park, unique overlaps of mammals, birds and vegetation occur because of this transition zone.
- Operation Genesis, which involved the game-fencing of the reserve and the reintroduction of long-vanished species, began during the late 70’s. Today, Pilanesberg National Park accommodates virtually every mammal of southern Africa, including the Big Five. Also look out for Springbok, brown hyena, the red eyed bulbul, and camel thorn trees usually found in arid areas are found cohabitation with moist-area-limited impala, black eyed bulbul and Cape chestnut trees.
Why tour with us?
- Complete flexibility with itineraries, routes, timeframes to suit your pace and unique requirements on our private tours
- Superb Tour Guides ensuring unforgettable travel experiences
- Comfortable Air-conditioned Tour Vehicles
- 24x7x365 Travel Support to guests booked on our tours and safaris
- Excellent service
« Cape Town, Garden Route & malaria-free Big 5 Safari Tour
Big 5 Kruger Safari & Cape Town Tour